Candy buffets and dessert tables are one of the most popular of recent wedding trends, and for good reason—who doesn’t like a few extra treats? Delicious treats arranged for guests to choose their favourites from also allow you to make a visual statement that ties in with your reception décor. For some eye candy and advice from the pros on creating the best display, read on!
Created by Sweetness Buffet, Winnipeg’s premiere creator of candy tables exclusively for your special events, this buffet was inspired by a feminine, retro palette and bits of youthful fun. Flanked by large containers filled with tinted sugar and Unicorn Lollipops, the magic of this display comes from the colours. Rock Sticks, yellow Whirly Pops, and Salt Water Taffy provide pops of colour echoed by fun tissue paper pom poms. Sweetness Buffet prices start at $250, and include everything from design, glassware, scoops, candy buffet instructions, and of course, the candy.
Let Them Eat Cake
It doesn’t just have to be cake—why not let them nibble on whatever confection they’d like? Provide your guests with an array of delicious cakes, cupcakes, and petits fours. Vanilla Bean Cakes created this stunning assortment of one-of-a-kind delicacies to add elegance to a classic wedding. Whether your style is full of colour, modern, or just plain unique, a collection of enticing dainties is sure to make your guests indulge.
The more intricate the details, the better! Painted with edible 24 karat gold, delicate string work, and amazing PINCUSHION flowers. Create a luxurious atmosphere with a pinched linen and small glass chandeliers.
Top 10 Tips for Treats
1. Don’t let them leave empty handed! Just like those childhood birthday parties, make sure your guests don’t leave for home without filling up a goodie bag.
2. Sweetness Buffet has a new offering for 2011 brides... Candy Skewers! These adorable treats will get mouths watering in no time.
3. No display is complete without tying the loose ends together. Sweetness Buffet creates custom stationery and instructions for all of their candy displays.
4. It’s all about how you lay it out: using levels boosts the visual impact of your buffet. Don’t forget to add those special details, like fun ribbons, beautiful jars, and jelly beans to cover Styrofoam (a great trick to get everything to stand up!).
5. Mini-cakes: just as sophisticated as a three tiered wedding cake but way more fun and personal. Try out several different styles and flavours for extra indulgence!
6. If you want to keep costs down, be careful about the candies you choose. Whirly Pops run about $40 for a dozen, or you can set-up an eye-catching container of licorice for about $5.
7. If your venue doesn’t have space for a set-up or you want to get a bit creative, why not separate your buffet and do one jar per table, as centrepieces? Guests can mingle as they fill up their candy bags around the room and you’ll have a great pop of colour throughout the room.
8. For the best look, keep it simple. Stick with either all glass or white vessels for a clean look that’s well put together.
9. Cute touches like cupcake wrappers go a long way. A single cupcake placed at each setting can add to your décor if it’s decorated beautifully.
10. Sweetness Buffet’s list of the best basic candies: licorice, anything gummy, and all your 5 cent favorites like fuzzy peaches, jelly beans, pixie sticks, candy necklaces, gum balls. Anything nostalgic for the older folks is always a hit!